Courses offered By Oxford IAS Academy For TET and TRB
Teacher Eligibility Test Papers
Classes I to V
Classes VI to VIII
TET Exams: An Overview
In accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 23 of the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) had vide Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in classes I to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualification ones for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that he/she should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) which will be conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE.
Candidates should possess the following prescribed qualifications to write the Teacher Eligibility Test
• Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course (10+2 Pattern) and Diploma in Teacher Education in a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes I to V (except Visually Impaired Candidates) can write Paper I
• Candidates who have passed a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Litt.) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography or a Degree with any one of the equivalent subjects from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 Pattern and a Degree in Teacher Education (B.Ed.) from a Recognized University and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes VI to VIII can write Paper II.
• Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of D.T.Ed. / B.Ed. during the current Academic Year are also eligible to appear for the Teacher Eligibility Test
• Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes I to V.Number of Questions 150 MCQs and the Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours.
• Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for Classes VI to VIII. Number of Questions 150 MCQs and the Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours.
• A person who intends to teach both Classes I to V and VI to VIII will have to appear for both Papers I and II.